Welcome to the Happy Valley Tennis Club Website
What’s new at Happy Valley Tennis Club -
- ATP Challenger Tournament comes to Happy Valley Tennis Club from January 2-11, 2015. More information below or on the ATP Challenger page under Tournaments. Documents now available for players, volunteers and general information.
- An ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Twilight Tournament will be held as part of the ATP Challenger on Friday January 9. More information on either the ATP Challenger page or Junior Tournament page under Tournaments.
- Centre Court Tennis Christmas School Holiday Clinic will be held on December 22-24. More information and a registration form is on the Coaching page.
- Ball kids wanted!! Children aged between 11-17 are being given the opportunity to become a Ballkid for the ATP Challenger Event. This is your chance to see some of the world’s top players in action! More information on the ATP Challenger page under Tournaments.
- Meals will be served in the Canteen on Friday nights during the summer season 2014-15 when the Premier league or Div 1 Girls team play at home. See Vicki’s menu on the Junior page under Competitions.
- Congratulations to Simon, Jim, Vicki and Sue who were all nominated for awards at the recent Tennis SA Awards Night. Unfortunately we didn’t come away with any awards but we congratulate our 4 nominees for their hard work around our Club!! Below are a few of pictures from the night.
$US50,000 ATP Challenger Tournament
to be held at the Happy Valley Tennis Club
2-11 January 2015
This is the first time that a metropolitan club will host a major tournament leading into the Aussie Open!! The field should be very strong – so get on board and keep these dates free!! Anybody who has not already put their name on a list but wishes to help with the tournament please contact Simon Longhurst ph. 0412 196 574 or Jim Dickson on ph. 0404 757 826 as soon as possible.
The tournament was launched in August with the following articles appearing in the Advertiser on Thursday August 21 and Messenger on Wednesday August 27
Thanks to everyone who came out to our recent end of winter season BBQ and presentation day at the HVTC clubrooms recently. Thanks to Vicki, the Dunning family, Fiona, Sue and Simon for helping out today. Unfortunately we didn’t come away with any winter premierships but well done to the eight out of 16 junior teams and 3 out of 6 senior teams who played in finals this season. A big thankyou to all of our team supervisors, all the parents, Jenny Pacor our recording secretary, Vicki Norris our canteen manager and Simon for his tireless efforts behind the scenes co-ordinating the Juniors. For seniors thanks to Kerryn our co-ordinator and Charlee who did the score sheets every week. Thanks also to Brenton Hancock from sponsor Hanco Signage for our fantastic trophies! A great team effort!!!! Below are some photos from the day.